REHEARSALS IN CHURCH SANCTUARY:
Please bring only what you need to rehearse to the Sanctuary:
- MUSIC IN A BINDER
- PENCIL/ERASER (mechanical is best—it stays sharper longer)
- WATER BOTTLE (WATER ONLY in a closed container)
- COUGH LOZENGES
- RECORDING DEVICE (if you wish)
Purses, bags, work paraphernalia, etc. should be placed under the pews.
Scheduled Rehearsals are every Monday from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m
—except as otherwise noted.
WARM-UPS USUALLY BEGIN @ 7:05 P.M.
Members are expected to arrive in time to participate in warm-ups.
If work/travel/a regular obligation makes this difficult, please make the Secretary aware of this. If you are unexpectedly not able to attend or are late, please text the Secretary.
- Always bring a pencil to mark your music during our practices together. If you do forget, the Secretary usually carries a supply to share.
- Do not cut your music apart, use a pen or highlighter, punch additional holes, or otherwise deface or damage it.
- Talk with the Secretary to be sent a rehearsal track or Joyce Nestor about getting your section’s thumb drive with rehearsal tracks for the concert. This is very helpful.
- Pay attention, during your first look at the music, to time and key signatures as you mark your music.
- Look for your entrances. In some music, you may need to mark the parts in the left margin to keep track of solos, instrumentalists, or other markings like codas.
- Look for pick-up notes giving your starting pitch—from another section or from the accompaniment.